The COVID-19 virus is having an impact on our professional work where it involves direct contact with clients, customers, tenants, or through visits to a property. This continues to cause significant uncertainty.
We are setting out here our policy for returning to full operational capacity to provide clients with the opportunity to contact us to discuss their requirements. We will accept instructions for desktop only reports and if we are required to undertake physical inspections of property these inspections will be subject to the following guidelines:
- Property inspections but must be delivered in line with government and Public Health England (PHE) social distancing guidelines.
- Before inspecting a property, we must ensure that the risk assessment for the business and premises visited addresses the risks around COVID-19. A COVID-19 secure certificate should be provided prior to inspection.
- As an RICS professional and MJD HUGHES Ltd being a regulated firm we have a duty of care to ensure when we deliver our services we are in good health. and able to deliver the service safely.
- If it is not possible to inspect or visit the property safely to the extent required to provide the specified service it may be necessary to decline the inspection / site visit.
- Any restrictions to the service will be recorded, agreed and where appropriate highlighted on any correspondence with the client.
This policy may change as government guidance continues to evolve. We will update our policy on our website www.mjdhughes.com